Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay

                                    
                                  Robert Frost


Do you know when my first post was...some time back in 2006. 

Yeah, almost seven years ago.

Back when I wasn't even in HR yet and I was writing witty (okay, snarky) observations about the world around me. 

Well, seven years, one change in career path and three jobs later and I'm still pretty much making snarky observations about the world around me.  Only now I'm doing it with a much more professional and diplomatic lense.

The truth is I have been struggling to find meaning in this blog.  I know I've been at a similar point  before, but then it was more about feeling like I was compromising other things to write the blog - that I wasn't focusing on what I needed to. 

I never tried to compete with others in the blogger community, particularly the HR blogger community.  There are way more comptent, well-spoken, well-informed HR folk to refer to.  This blog was a place for me to talk smack about things that bugged me, which often was HR-related.  The blog was my gold.

And I enjoyed the feedback that I sometimes received, but clearly my thoughts were for my benefit and others took it as such.

This feeling has been brewing for a bit, but today it finally hit me with absolute clarity.  I'm done with Corporate Daycare / Bent but not broken.

So, no big deal, but only a brief note to say thank you for reading and aurevoir.

Stay gold, Pony-boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wtf?